Seamus Corry

Seamus Corry
Facilitator/ Trainer

Thursday 31 October 2013

Been a Busy 4 months since start up

Project Update

July to October 2013.

Over the past 4 months I have been extremely busy in Developing and Embedding the Potentially You Project and establishing the project locally

West Mercier Housing Association



In July I visited West Mercier Housing Association in Hereford and delivered a workshop in how The Pacific Institute has helped me to develop my own project and encouraged 12 housing officers to begin to use it within their own work

Clackmannanshire Council

I have also had successful discussions with Mary Fox Team Leader of Youth Services with Clackmannanshire Council. Through discussion Mary has agreed 2 programme delivery dates. I supported 11 Youth Service Workers to complete a STEPS programme between 16-18th October. 


These staff in turn will go on to become facilitators within there own service and enable the hardest to reach with the communities of Clackmannanshire to deliver positive outcomes for young people

 The second Mind Buzz programme for young people will take place in January 2014

Safety Training Scotland

I have also had proactive discussions with Mark Pauley of Safety Training Scotland. Mark has agreed to retain my services as a trainer/facilitator to deliver safety training throughout central Scotland once I complete a certified programme of study with the British Safety Council. Ongoing discussions to take place with a view to beginning sub-contract work in January 2014


Bantaskin Primary School


I also delivered a motivation session lasting 1.5 hours to 68 teaching staff from 3 local primary schools in Falkirk. The work came by way of positive word of mouth and it was certainly a challenge to deliver to so many. 


Some of Feedback from the session were

"Presented very well Personable.....good fun"

"It was fun" 


"Fantastic Speaker"

If you or your organisation would like to know more contact me either by email on

seamuscorry@btinternet.com

or by phone on 0773 999 8570


No comments:

Post a Comment